Advanced Training-TWO DAY Description
This 2 day, 16 hour trip not only offers a review of the basics, extension into deeper application and demonstration of more advanced setups, rod and reel combos, lure selection, layouts of equipment, and SOG, thermoclines and underwater current influences, it also offers a second day to put what you’ve learned into practice. The second day is used as application of all the training received on day one. You will operate all equipment (with the exception of driving and auto pilot) and determine placement and layout of rods and lures. A minimum of 4 people per trip is required with a maximum of 6 people.
- Advanced Downrigger training: Review of basics, advanced instruction on how to run stacker lines-free sliders vs fixed lines, and how to run multiple lines from one downrigger.
- Advanced Dipsy Diver: Review of the basics of setup, types, and styles, advanced instruction on slide diver’s vs dipsy, leader length, line selection, and lure selection.
- Advanced Planer Boards: Review of the basics, advanced training on types/styles, types of releases, size selection, rod selection, line selection (how to run various types), stacking and quantity.
- Advanced Lure Selection: Review of basics, advanced instruction on color spectrum charts for various depths, UV vs standard colors, flasher/fly setups, meat rigs.
- Advanced Lure and Rig setup: Review of basics, advanced instruction of fly/flasher combo, spoons, dipsy’s, planer boards, Line (mono, copper, leadcore, braided, and wire), and meat rigs.
- Advanced boat control and speed: Review of basics, advanced instruction on thermoclines and underwater currents, patterns, and trolling direction influences.
- Second day of Advanced Training: 8 hours on the Lake Michigan. You set up and run fishing equipment upon arrival to fishing location.
- 16 total hours of advanced instruction and travel time to and from lake (dock to dock).
- 1-4 people: $1550.00
- 5-6 people: $1950.00 Keep what you Catch (DNR limits enforced)