1 Day Basic -Novice Training
This trip is for anyone interested in learning the basics of fishing on Lake Michigan. You will spend 2 hours at dock being given instructions and training. Then you will head out onto Lake Michigan for further training, demonstration, and application by the captain. On this trip, the captain operates, demonstrates, and applies what he is teaching.
- Downrigger basics: ball weights, types, placement on boat, quantity, release types, manual vs electric.
- Dipsy Diver basics: setup, types/styles, line selection.
- Planer Board basics: types/styles, types of releases, basic setup.
- Lure Selection: various spoons, body baits, plugs, and flies, depth and color selection, weather conditions, basic setup.
- Rod and Reel options: types of, purpose of, types of line use.
- Lure/Rig Basic Setup: Flasher/fly, Spoons, Dipsy Divers.
- Boat control/speed: SOG, types of depth probes and uses.
- All equipment and lures for training are provided (for demonstration not to be kept by clients)
- 8 hours of training and travel time to and from dock.
- 1-4 people: $1,000.00*
- 5-6 people: $1,200.00
Keep what you Catch
(DNR limits enforced)
This is the perfect chance to get away from your routine and see the best views of these amazing places, take beautiful photos and simply to relax!
It was exciting for me to try something new and finally get on that trip – I appreciate the excellent service and the awesome people!
I had an excellent time fishing with him and it felt like fishing with family! We caught several fish and had a great time! I highly recommend Our Leg A Sea if your looking for a great time and a memorable trip!Thanks Chris and his family, I truly appreciated everything you did for me and treating me like family on your boat!
Chris was one of the captains for our veterans tournament we had this past weekend. He was a blast to fish with very knowledgeable and an over all great captain. I would highly recommend them if your looking for a charter.